So you got engaged on Christmas. Your probably wondering, now what do I do! Well I am here to tell you the next steps you should take.
- CALL YOUR FAMILY- If you’re like most women, you will call your Mom first! At least that is what I did when I got engaged over 25 years ago! But girl don’t stop with this phone call, be sure to also call your siblings and your of course your BFF! Don’t make the mistake of everyone if your life finding out your good news from social media. Trust me when I say, someone will get their panties in a wad if they find out through social media.
- POST A RING SELFIE- Be sure to wait to do this step till you have personally told everyone that is important to you in person or on the phone. But wait, there is more you need to do before you take the ring selfie. Since your hands will be in the spotlight for the next month or so, be sure to take an hour and treat yourself to a manicure! Because you’re gonna be showing off that beautiful new piece of jewelry to everyone you see. After all, you don’t want all your friends to notice your chipped nail polish before they see your beautiful sparkling ring.
- GET THAT DIAMOND RING SIZED- Now that your finger is housing that beautiful piece of bling, be sure to take it the jeweler and have it sized to perfectly fit your finger. After all, you don’t want to be like your grandma or mom and use thread to keep it on there! And if it fell off your finger you would not be a happy girl.
- BUY RING INSURANCE- Call up your insurance office and get that ring appraised and put on your insurance policy in case something happens to that beautiful ring. Trust me when I say things can happen. One time I hit my ring on a shelf and that diamond popped right out! Lucky for me I saw it pop out and was able to find it. And on another occasion, I lost one of the emeralds that sit on the side of my diamond. And I was lucky enough to find that to, but I know too many people who were not that lucky.
- START THINKING ABOUT A DATE: if you have been dreaming about the wedding venue of your dreams, then it is a smart idea to contact that venue to see when they have open dates. Because the most desirable and popular wedding venues tend to book up years in advance.
- DISCUSS A BUDGET: Be sure you are on the same page with your finance as to how much you have to spend for your big day. Because as you well know money can be a big bone of contention between many couples. Get on the same page now.
- BOOK YOUR WEDDING PHOTOGRAPHER- Just like wedding venues, the best wedding photographers in the industry also book up years in advance. Your wedding photos will be a reminder of this day for the rest of your life, so please don’t skimp on your photographer. 23 years ago when I got married, I skimped and used a family friend and to this day I regret it. Don’t be like me!
- BOOK YOUR BOUDOIR PHOTOGRAPHER: If you are planning to give your new hubby the amazing gift of boudoir as his wedding gift, start researching photographers or book the photographer you love early. By doing this you can start budgeting and putting money aside or set up a pre-payment plan with your photographer. Bridal Boudoir photos is an amazing gift you can give yourself and your new hubby. For more information and to contact me about my services, CLICK HERE.
Congratulations on your engagement! Buckle up girl ’cause it is gonna be a WILD RIDE, but sit back and be sure to enjoy the process.